The 2012 Forest Health Workshops are designed for IDNR District Foresters, forest landowners, Walnut Council Association, Commercial Arborists, City Foresters, and green professionals.
- Field diagnostics
- Insect and disease lifecycles
- Non chemical & chemical management practices
- Insect and disease updates
- Thousand cankers of black walnut, bur oak blight, bacterial leaf scorch, oak wilt, Dutch elm disease, Phytophthora ramorum
- IL DNR Forest Health and Protection program
- Community trees
- Asian longhorned beetle survey, municipal EAB management and Home Owner Association landscape management guides
- EAB Management Survey Results
There will be classroom presentations, but most of the workshop will be spent outdoors.
Registration to each workshop is limited to the first 50 applicants. Registration fee will include refreshments, lunch, and workshop supplies Roughly 5 CEUs will be available for ISA Certified Arborists. Registration is $35 if completed by August 15th; $50 thereafter.
The workshop itineraries will be made available soon
Registration can be paid by credit card through The Morton Arboretum Registrar (630) 719-2468 to register, Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00.
This session will be held at the Morton Arboretum, in the Sycamore Room, 4100 IL Route 53, Lisle, Illinois