Oak Forest Regeneration. Dave Apsley, Ohio State University
Wednesday January 18, 2017
Presentations at 12:00 to 1:00 PM and again at 7:00 to 8:00 PM Eastern Time (webinars may run long with questions)
Oaks are the dominate species in much of the central hardwood region of the eastern US. They are also important components of northern hardwood and Appalachian hardwood forests. Throughout the eastern US oaks are not only pivotal as a timber species and hard mast for wildlife, but they also provide important aesthetic attributes and most importantly stability to ecological communities. As with many hardwoods, oaks are experiencing regeneration complications and failures. This webinar will explore the ecological and economic importance of oak, establish the basis for the challenges of oak regeneration, factors that have contributed to regeneration decline, and steps that can be taken. Collaborative efforts to ensure the continued prominence of oak in Ohio will be discussed as a case study with opportunity in other locations. Presented by Dave Apsley, Natural Resources Specialist, The Ohio State University.
- Read all of these instructions.
- You need to register for each monthly webinar. There is unlimited space for participants, the ID simply provides you the necessary access. Obtain your registration ID via: https://cornell.zoom.us/webinar/register/0fd2318ec3796a188c34be5db4a05ad8 If prompted for a password use “Cornell”.
- The registration page prompts you for CEU credits.
- After registration you will receive the link to the webinar and a password. The registration can be used for either/both the noon or 7PM presentation. It should go without saying that you should retain that email.
- The registration email provides the link you will use the day of the webinar, and can be used at either time.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Jan 18, 2017 12:00 PM (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: ForestConnect - Oak Forest Regeneration
Please register through the following link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.