The annual Walnut Council field day/meeting will be held September 20th, north of Galesburg.
• Plans are to meet at the Pilot Truck stop (car side) on I-74 near Woodhull (Exit 32) at 9AM Saturday morning.
• From there we will carpool to a large (50+ acres), young walnut plantation just north of Woodlhull.
• From there we will visit a 15-year old CRP hardwood plantation w/ pine near Swedona.
• Then, we will have a catered lunch and our business meeting at the covered bridge park at Fyre Lake near Sherrard, IL.
• After lunch we will move a few miles north and visit a woodland to observe logging, heavy site preparation, and planting of container grown trees.
Cost is $15 per person (which includes lunch). Send check payable to Illinois Walnut Council with your name, address, and phone number to Steve Felt, 522 Roberts Lane, Sherrard, IL 61281 by September 15th. For more information, contact Steve Felt at (309) 3730-0506 or (email) firstname.lastname@example.org.